PDA

View Full Version : Can't build a new index

ABC123

James Gatton
03-07-2002, 08:16 AM
I had this problem before and searched it out in the forum. Sure enough, the answer was to run maintenance on the data base. I did that. It didn't work.
I ran maintenance on the db, set, and application. All it did was screw up my application a little and I still can't build a new index.
Any ideas on what to do next? What might be causing the problem? (guess I'm heading for an update.)

James Gatton
03-07-2002, 09:56 AM
Yes, Nitwit. Check your settings. You're trying to index the corrupted database from last years indexing problem. Delete it from your hard drive.

Thomas Henkel
03-07-2002, 10:27 AM
Your information seems a little bit sketchy. Please expand. How many indexes are attached now? Do you have many queries? If you have an inordinate # of indexes which you didn't create, DELETE them and rebuild ALL indexes. Maybe your index file is messed up.

Please let us know how you made out.

Tom Henkel

Thomas Henkel
03-07-2002, 10:28 AM
You responded before I could finish.

James Gatton
03-07-2002, 11:19 AM
Its okay, Tom. Somehow I wound up messing with the db from a year or two ago. I never did resolve the problem. Just copied the db and started over with zero index's (indi?), etc. and everything's been okay since.
Thanks for the interest though.