PDA

View Full Version : WIn XP, are there any know issues?

ABC123

Larry Lorenz
01-29-2002, 06:40 AM
Hi All,

I'm going to upgrade to XP today and I'm curious to know if there are any know issues running A5v.102 I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance, Larry Lorenz

Larry Lorenz
01-30-2002, 06:28 AM
A5 v1.02 seems to work okay so far with XP.

Richard Christiansen
03-21-2002, 09:03 PM
I put my version 1.02 on a new computer with XP about a month or so ago and it seems okay. I am not a real advanced user. The windows have a little different appearance or different tint of color. I had to edit some of my database lookups located in a form to resize the windows, as it seemed to forget what they were before, I'm not sure, I just know the appearance or sizing seemed different, but I was able to edit to my satisfaction. The one definite glitch I have encountered so far is my printer insists on collating all my invoices if I print more than one, regardless whether collating is specified or not in the printer setup. I do not want this because I have alternating white and yellow copies loaded in my printer, so when I print 2 copies each of lets say 3 or 4 invoices, I do not want it to print one copy of all of them, then the second copy of all of them, but that is what it does. My HP 820 kind of wore out, but my new HP 960 ink jet printer has the same problem so perhaps it is the XP that has a glitch? So now, I print one record at a time until I hear of how to fix it. Another problem is maybe a half dozen times when I have been working in the program quite a while, it might say it can't find a file, but closing the program and rebooting solves the problem, whatever it was. Overall, I think I like XP better. Good Luck.