PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! System crashed

ABC123

Greg Solarz
01-26-2002, 12:35 PM
A new customer of mine had his system crash last night and I went to rescue him. He is using a database created by someone he can no longer contact, It was written in Alpha five Ver. 1. He had a backup of the data area and that was it. He did not have a backup of his a5.ini or any hting else, and much to my dismay when I wanted to try and reinstall I found out that his Install disks were set close to a heat source so are now, not much more than modern art. Does anyone out there either have an a5.ini I can use to get him going again or a set of install disks that I could get a copy of.

Is there anything else I shloud be concerned about to get him going again?

Thanks for any help!!

Greg

Thomas Henkel
01-28-2002, 08:31 AM
Greg,

I can get you a copy of the full A5 ver1.02 install set. I cannot do so unless you have a VALID a5 license. Was this customer running a runtime version or a full editable system. If it is runtime, it is easier. Everyone has failures, but I am not in the business of distributing bootleg software. Please e-mail me so that I can help you further.

Tom Henkel

Greg Solarz
01-31-2002, 12:22 PM
Problem has been solved. I forgot that I had to remove read only attribute on *.dbf after restoring the databases. I also found an old backup that had the a5.ini file on it

Thanks for all the help on this

Greg Solarz
01-31-2002, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I have solved the problem, I found an old backup with the a5.ini file.