PDA

View Full Version : Windows 2000 Pro and Ver 1.02

ABC123

Scott Modery
12-11-2001, 02:21 PM
Just received a brand new machine with Win2000 pro SP2. Alpha runs, but response time is pathetic. Start the executable, the banner comes up, and the wait is 10-15 seconds minimum before the program the banner disappears and you can begin to work.
Anyone experience this?

Sam Gerber
02-21-2002, 07:46 PM
Scott, I hope you read this.

I have a new Dell with WINXP Home Edition. It takes Alpha Five 4.75 minutes to load. The only reason I know this is because while loading I left the room to have dinner, forgetting to cancel it as I usually do. When I returned it was waiting for me. I then did a speed test.

It would be terrific if someone can help me here! I bought my son a new computer for his business and he can't use it for his primary application which I wrote.

Thanks to anyone ... Sam

Sam Gerber
02-24-2002, 10:05 PM
Scott, my experience (WINXP) as mentioned in my posting was a load time of almost 5 minutes!!!!

I now have that down to 1-2 secs by defining a fictitious attached printer and setting it to be the default.

My guess is that you might have a network printer as your default.

Sam

Scott Modery
02-25-2002, 05:02 AM
Sam, I tried your suggestion. Unfortunately it has made no difference. But, I am running Win2000 - and that might be the difference. On the other hand, my wait times are 10-15 seconds and not 5 minutes; very inconvenient but not intolerable.
Should you hear of any other suggestions I am all ears. Thanks.