PDA

View Full Version : copying records

ABC123

Robert McCuen
08-31-2001, 05:34 AM
I have installed and am successfully running Alpha 5 (ver 1.0) for Windows NT (ver 4.0). In my database, I enter a record, and then I wish to copy that record in the same database as the next 5 "new" records. How do I do this? How can I take an existing record in the database and copy it multiple times in the same database as "new" records or entries? I have no problems copying fields/records/etc. from one database to another, but I can not figure out how to copy records within the database to the same database. Any help I can get on this will be greatly appreciated.

CALocklin
09-04-2001, 09:32 AM
Robert, did you get this resolved yet? It shouldn't be very difficult but I don't have a copy of V1 here with me right now. If you still need help, post a reply here and I will respond when I get the e-mail notice.

By the way, I suggest you downloaded and install the V1.02 upgrade if you haven't already done so.

Robert McCuen
09-05-2001, 04:58 AM
Cal:
Tx for responding to my message. Yes, I got it resolved. A Ms. Carol Graham (from the Alpha Software Customer Service group) explained how to do it using the CTRL+R and CTRL+F functions. She also told me that had I searched far enough on the Message Board under Alpha 5 V1 I would have found the answer (many times over actually). Anyway, the problem has been solved.

Bob

P.S. I am running Alpha 5 V1.0.2 which I believe is the same as your suggested upgrade to V1.02. Even though my version is old, it's a great database.