PDA

View Full Version : ? about the card_resync function

ABC123

lmarini
08-15-2001, 03:00 AM
I have a form which consists of a browse view of the master db of a set as well as a browse view of the child db of the set and a rich text object which contains the field values of the child db. When I place the cursor at a particular record in the child db browse, the form does not refresh itself & I need to have a button on the card to perform the card resync function. Is there a way on the form properties to have this function done automatically w/o using the button I created

Thomas Henkel
08-16-2001, 05:42 AM
It might be better to redesign the form using subforms to show the child database rich text. I'm stabbing in the dark, but if you base the subform on the child, when you select the particular child from the browse, it should refresh the subform for that child.

Tom

lmarini
08-16-2001, 09:56 AM
I've enclosed a copy of the form. It is used to view patient charts. We use the master db browse of the set to find a particular patient. The browse view of the child database lists the patient notes by dates & the rich text object contains those fields which contain the actual treatment notes.

lmarini
08-16-2001, 10:00 AM
I've enclosed a copy of the form. It is used to view patient charts. We use the master db browse of the set to find a particular patient. The browse view of the child database lists the patient notes by dates & the rich text object contains those fields which contain the actual treatment notes.

Thomas Henkel
08-17-2001, 05:45 AM
lou,

We do something similar. Using subforms (dark blue) we display the vendor for this client. Below in the browse, we show all payments to this vendor. When the vendor is changed, the browse changes to reflect the new vendor's payments. If we have rich text memo foelds in the browse, click in it and hit M to display the memo.

set is attached 1 to many to many.

Thomas Henkel
08-17-2001, 05:46 AM
now here's the screen

lmarini
08-17-2001, 08:12 AM
I understand what you are trying to do. However when looking at patient treatment notes, my emphasis is to see the "forest & not specifically the trees" unless absolutely necessary . With a patient database of roughly 7000 patients, very often patients have similar last names so it is much easier to see patient names in a browse view so multiple patients are viewed at one time.Also since the names are indexed according to name, oftentimes it is not necessary to type in the whole patient name. Similarly; it is easier & quicker scan through multiple dates of service when it is in browse view. Unfortunately; when I click on a particular date of service, it does not refresh the form view unless I add a "card resync" button on the form