PDA

View Full Version : Memo printing problem

ABC123

James Gatton
07-28-2001, 05:36 PM
I have to admit I'm pretty excited about the contact management application I'm building/using. It wouldn't be of much value to anyone else because obviously it's very much customized to my unique needs. Anyway, a minor problem I could use some help with.

I added a second memo field to my db that I will use for the occasional short note to the person showing in my form at the moment. I have the letterhead, name, address, etc. set up in the letter and placed the memo field (NOTE)right in a rich text field followed by a couple of blank lines and sincerely, etc. Well, I didn't count the letters but I'd guess it only prints 255 characters of the memo field and then moves into "sincerely" but it doesn't print everything in the memo field.

If I take the same field and place it in the letter but NOT in a rich text field it expands to show and print everything in the field. Any one know why the difference? Not using a rich text field is an easy work around but how come I have to work around it? Any guesses?

Thomas Henkel
07-30-2001, 07:36 AM
Don't really know why, but if a work-around works, why question it. We have had to do many work-arounds, but we got the job done.

One caution.

Be very careful with your memo fields. Sometimes, for reasons unknown, the .ftp file will expand to some ungodly size and really mess you up. Then you are in trouble. Try to keep your memos small. Always have a backup. Run maintenance periodically.

Good luck,

Tom