PDA

View Full Version : Printing ONE mailing label

ABC123

Thomas Henkel
06-13-2001, 07:48 AM
James,

Of course there is. First, uncheck that annoying box that says "further filter at print time". Drop a button onto the screen that print the mailing label. right click on the button and edit the script. What you want to do is to manually setup a range for the label. My example is for a report, but we use it for reports, letters, cards, etc.

Wrap the range script code around the "print_label" line, and it should allow you to print just one label without all of the nonesense.

range.flags = RANGE_INDEX .or. RANGE_FIRST .or. RANGE_LAST
range.index_handle = index_record_get(db_current())
range.filter = ""
range_add(db_current(), recno(),recno())

print_label("label name")

range_drop(db_current())

Hope this helps.

Tom

Thomas Henkel
06-13-2001, 07:50 AM
James,

Of course there is. First, uncheck that annoying box that says "further filter at print time". Drop a button onto the screen that print the mailing label. right click on the button and edit the script. What you want to do is to manually setup a range for the label. My example is for a report, but we use it for reports, letters, cards, etc.

Wrap the range script code around the "print_label" line, and it should allow you to print just one label without all of the nonesense.

range.filter = ""

range_drop(db_current())

Hope this helps.

Tom

Thomas Henkel
06-13-2001, 07:50 AM
James,

range.filter = ""

range_drop(db_current())

Hope this helps.

Tom

Thomas Henkel
06-13-2001, 07:51 AM
James,

range.filter = ""

range_drop(db_current())

Hope this helps.

Tom

Thomas Henkel
06-13-2001, 07:51 AM
James,

range.filter = ""

range_drop(db_current())

Hope this helps.

Tom

James Gatton
06-13-2001, 08:44 AM
I tried to post a question on the Alpha 5 v.1 area last night but somehow I wound up in CODE. Don't know how, hope I have the right area this time.

This is probably really easy, basic stuff but since I don't know it...
I have an application which shows prospect information. Set up with a push button, I can call and print a mailing label for the one prospect showing on the monitor but first I hit a screen where I have to select the index (filter further before printing) and then move down in the screen and input the appropriate record number to start and then move one more line down and duplicate the record number here for the place to stop printing.

There has to be an easier way. My ideal solution would be to push a button and have it print out a mailing label for the one prospect showing on the screen. Is this possible?