PDA

View Full Version : PDF files and A5v1

ABC123

Michael Greene
05-29-2001, 02:56 AM
Can Alpha5 call and display pdf files. I am attempting to create a database that will enable me to associate information and selectively display a pdf file. Is this possible? If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas Henkel
05-29-2001, 02:04 PM
What exactly are you trying to do? Are these PDF files already in existence?
What are the criteria for calling acrobat?
We use alpha and call word with xbasic sripts passing info through DDE. If all you need to do is start a copy of acrobat to display a specific PDF file, I think that we can get that done.

Please give some more specifics and I wil try to help.

Tom

Michael Greene
05-29-2001, 03:42 PM
Dear Tom,

Thank you for responding so quickly. My goal is to create a student information database with PDF files from scanned documents, store them in a specific directory relative to an associated database, and retrieve and display the correct file when selected. I also recently came to realize that I had just purchased Alpha5 version 4.5 build 266 and had not installed it. I am a rookie in using the new Alpha5 version, but I understand that it may not be so difficult to do. Thanks again for being so responsive. This message board is absolutely wonderful!

Mike

Michael Greene
05-29-2001, 03:44 PM
Dear Tom,

Thank you for responding so quickly. My goal is to create a student information database with PDF files from scanned documents, store them in a specific directory relative to an associated database, and retrieve and display the correct file when selected. I also recently came to realize that I had just purchased Alpha5 version 4.5 build 266 and had not installed it. I am a rookie in using the new Alpha5 version, but I understand that it may not be so difficult to do. Thanks again for being so responsive. This message board is absolutely wonderful!

Mike