PDA

View Full Version : Lookup Customer Name, Add on Rpt

ABC123

Vince Salzer
04-19-2001, 10:14 AM
I would like to get a cutomer name and address in the header to a invoice report. I would like to use a lookup dbf of customers. Would defining a variable (in calc field) and then using that value in a lookupc funtions in a calculated field work. That way that var field would come up each time the report is run and I can enter which cust I want.

Eventually I would like to automaticly print a series of invoice reports by changing the range and the var. Can this be done by a script. I did this all in 4v6, but have no idea how to do it in 5v1.02

Vince Salzer
05-04-2001, 09:30 AM
I learned that you can't change a variable just by running a report. I would need to define a variable in a form and then pass it to a report. That means I have to go back to the form and change the variable and then print the report. I would have to change the variable for each customer. Not a very good solution.

Guess I need to look into this further.

I need a way to be able to capture the range name and use it in a lookupc function to get the cust info.

Lowell Wardlow
05-05-2001, 05:23 AM
Vince - have you tried running your invoices from a set with
the invoice header "on top", linked 1:1 to the customer master file ?

This way, your customer name/address are available just as if they were a part of the invoice header record.

Lowell

Vince Salzer
05-05-2001, 03:39 PM
The way it's set up is that I enter all the items I want to buy and assign a customer I want to sell them to in a field in the child, one-to-many. I then invoice each cust from that one order. I have a range set up for each cust and would like to use that name to access cust info in a lookup dbf, or something like it.

Right now I have to print each invoice by changing range and actual reports. It needs to automated more.