PDA

View Full Version : Printing envelops

ABC123

Larry Rose
04-12-2001, 05:31 PM
Using Alpha5 v1.0.2, how to print envelops in landscape; the selection for landscape vs. portrait is dimmed and will not allow selecting landscape. Any help would be appreciated.

Vince Salzer
05-04-2001, 09:06 AM
I just looked and there is no option for printing envelopes, mailing labels only. I don't know how you are trying to print, with a report? I did go into one of my reports and try to print, but, of course, the landscape option is greyed out.

I have never tried to print an envelope from A5, but don't think its made for that. You can change the direction of the field to vertical, so its tough. Most programs print envelops in portrait, its too hard to grip the envelope in landscape mode.

What I would do is do a mail merge into Word Processor.
Then I wouldn't have to worry about formatting.

Lowell Wardlow
05-05-2001, 05:31 AM
Larry - I don't really know if it would work, but you might try printing as a label, with the custom size the size of you envelope.

Lowell

Thomas Henkel
05-15-2001, 10:44 AM
We print cards and checks that would fit into an envelope, so there wouldn't be a problem printing the envelopes. Just format a report to be the size of the envelope and set it as landscape. It does get tricky trying to set the exact proper position, but it can be done.