PDA

View Full Version : Report - printing records in horiz sequence

ABC123

Gary Marlon
04-02-2001, 05:14 AM
How do I get a report to print records in horizontal sequence, left to right (such as 7 columns for each day of the week). I've made-do with printing vertically but I'd like to improve on my present layout. For example, my present report would print consonants:

B G L
C H M
D J N
F K P

I want to print them:

B C D
F G H
J K L
M N P

Thanks to all, Gary

Vince Salzer
05-04-2001, 09:15 AM
To my knowledge can't be done.

Vince Salzer
05-04-2001, 09:24 AM
Just thought of something. You can export the report to Excel and then do a Pivot Table.

Lowell Wardlow
05-05-2001, 05:28 AM
Gary - you might try creating a cross-foot table, then printing your report from this.

Lowell

French
05-05-2001, 12:15 PM
If you like to program, you can probably cobble something together in XBasic to do what you want. I played around with it for a while a year or two ago and was making fair progress until I got distracted by something else.

I was reading records one at a time and contatenating the data (if numeric, convert to string on known length) in a variable that would print when it reached the length I wanted on each line, then empty the variable, start collecting data from each record, etc.

goldberg2727
12-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Has Alpha made anything that will do this yet? I have the same issue? I am hoping that 8 years later you can create horizontal reports.

Al Buchholz
12-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Has Alpha made anything that will do this yet? I have the same issue? I am hoping that 8 years later you can create horizontal reports.
Lee

This is a version 1 forum. You probably won't see much new stuff here....

What type of horizontal report are you looking to do? In my mind there a few variations...

Myabe we should take this to the a5v9 forum.....