PDA

View Full Version : Scramble text -Print Preview

ABC123

Nello Panelli
02-20-2001, 07:00 AM
Using A5 ver1.02 under Windows 98-- When I Print Preview a Report the text is scrambled. Everything is where it is supposed to be but not ledgable.
When printing the report it takes a "very Long time" to print but it eventually prints correctly.

Any Suggestions on What is causing scrambled text on a print preview?
Thanks
Nello

Melvin Davidson
02-20-2001, 10:24 AM
Nello,

This is usually due to font/printer driver mismatch.

There are a couple of work arounds for this.

1. In control panel printers,
add the Printer Type of
Generic - Generic/Text-Only
2. Before you do a print-preview,
select that printer.
Or
You can try changing the font type in the report(s)
to non Tru-Type Font.
Or see if there is a newer printer driver for your printer.

CraigSchumacker
03-06-2001, 12:35 PM
Nello:

This is one of the many reasons to upgrade to A5 v4.5.

The print preview in A5 v1 was very limited. (I loved it just the same, though!). Try as Melvin points out first.

The preview was greatly affected by the printer driver that was selected. I think the Hewlett Packard laserjet 2 and above were the ones that were best supported, but I could be mistaken. Did you change printers when you went over to Win '98 or are you on a different computer?

In any case, I was never able to clearly see every detail on very complex number intensive reports. This has been corrected in the later versions, which are crystal clear regardless of printer and font.

I do miss one ability that A5 v1 had in its print preview... If you click in the box that tells what page you are viewing, you can enter any other page number and press the enter button to view it. This is not possible in V4, but can probably be done in V5 with xbasic, as the developer will have some control of the print preview menu.

Hope this helps...

Craig