PDA

View Full Version : Help With Desktop Icon To Launch App

ABC123

Bob McGuire
08-09-2000, 08:24 AM
Hi,

This is a very simple task I am sure. I created an icon a while back that, when clicked, would start Alpha 5 and run one of my applications. I can not find my book to determine how I did that. I need to create one of these icons again for a new application and would appreciate any help you could provide. I am using Alpha 5 v1.0

Thank you.

JerryBrightbill
08-10-2000, 01:33 PM
Bob,
First create a shortcut from the desktop. In properties, change the target information to the following format example (I replaced the backslash with a slash)

D:/A5/A5.EXE -i -d -a=d:/a5/lib_tr/training.apd

In my case, the program path was D:/A5/A5.exe. The -i turns off the interactive window. The -d turns off the trace. The -a starts the application. You have to include the complete application path and file name. In my example, the application path and file name were d:/a5/lib_tr/training.apd

I don't remember where I originally found this info, but I think it was from a post on the old message board. I have switched to A5V4 and had to look how I was starting a V1 app that I still use.

Jerry

Jim Rowlen
08-11-2000, 09:17 AM
the various options (in order) are:

"C:Program FilesA5V4Alpha5.exe" ' location of A5
"C:PathName.ADB" ' location of your app
-splash=PathYourPic.bmp ' replace the file cabinet guy eith your picture (can also use
-nosplash
to not show any picture)
-title="My App" ' title in top title bar where it says Alpha 5
-icon="C:PathYourIcon.ico" ' replaces Alphas icon

Putting it all together . . .

"C:Program FilesA5V4Alpha5.exe" "C:PathName.ADB" -splash=PathSUSAYourPic.bmp -title="My App" -icon="C:PathYourIcon.ico"