PDA

View Full Version : one more question

ABC123

Gerry Oehring
04-24-2000, 09:03 AM
When I go to print setup, etc, I am unable to print reports in reverse order. This function becomes rather important when you are printing reports running to hundreds of pages. I have no problem printing in reverse order with all of my other software. Is this a flaw of Alpha Five v1.0.0?

Thanks.

Gerry

Lowell Wardlow
05-03-2000, 06:50 AM
Gerry - I know of no option within A5 to accomplish this, however, I know people who do it with printer setup options. If you can do it with other programs, it seems likely that your printer can do it. Check the printer setup options.

Lowell

ande8150
05-03-2000, 02:42 PM
Lowell is right, this should be under the settings for your printer driver, not A5. I know most HP printers have this in their driver settings, as they are what we use here at the office. Check here to see if you can:
Start
Settings
Printers
Right-click the driver and select settings
For my printer, it is under the Paper tab
Put a check beside "last page prints first"

Different printers have it in different places, so you may have to look around in the settings tabs to see if you can find something similar.

Gerry Oehring
05-03-2000, 03:13 PM
Well, guys, I thought it was in the printer settings too. That's where it is with my wordperfect, but this doesn't seem to interface with Alpha 5.

But, hey guys, thanks a lot for the input.

Gerry

Melvin Davidson
05-05-2000, 06:01 AM
Gerry,

Just a thought.

As a work around, can you output to a file and then
use My Computer, select it and send it to the printer?
If the printer is set up to collate, it should work.

Lowell Wardlow
05-07-2000, 07:20 AM
Gerry - it sounds as if you set the options within Word-Perfect itself, and NOT the printer driver.

Try checking the properties of the printer driver itself, or better yet, create a copy to work with. Fool around with the properties of your copy , and see if there is not a variable you can change to get inverted printing.

Lowell

Gerry Oehring
05-07-2000, 12:25 PM
Now, why didn't I think of that! I'll give that a try. Thanks