PDA

View Full Version : VARIABLES

ABC123

Gerry Oehring
04-22-2000, 10:36 AM
Thank goodness for this message board. Now I have another problem - I am using a variable (character) on a form and no matter what I set the width to, I am able to enter only 40characters, even when the widthis set at less than 40. It seems like I should be able toenter a max of 255 characters. Where have I gone wrong?

I really appreciate all the help you guys and gals have given me to speed up my learning curve. Thanks to all.

Gerry Oehring

Lowell Wardlow
05-03-2000, 07:04 AM
Gerry - I just went out and tested this - created a form "test", one variable (test, type c, len 255).
Used i'ts default form( with NO changes), worked fine.

If you can duplicate the above, then there is something wrong on the form you are using.

Let me know if the above works for you.

Lowell

ande8150
05-03-2000, 02:24 PM
You may want to check the properties of the field on the form itself (right-click the field and select Format tab). Although the Variable itself is defined as more than 40 chars., the field on the form may be set to display only 40 characters. This can occur if you change the field from one type to another, it will keep the width of the previous field or variable, rather than the new one that you have selected.