PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Form

ABC123

Gary Fox
03-29-2000, 01:32 PM
One of the forms was accidently deleted from the database. I have the form on a computer at home, but the data is not current. Is there anyway to copy only the form from my computer at home & reinstall it into the network at work? Also, is there anyway to prevent one of the operators from deleting a form? I also have a zip drive backup of the entire database at work, but have no idea how to just copy the form. Thank you, Gary Fox

Thomas Henkel
03-31-2000, 05:43 AM
Sure. There are a number of files associated with the database. What you need to do is to copy ONLY the ".ddd",".ddm", & ".ddx" files that have the database name. These are the database dictionary files which contain field rules, report and screen layouts, etc.

Another method is to find the "A5BORROW" routine. This routine will copy reports, screens, etc, from one database to another.

If you have any problems with any of this, e-mail me, and I will try to help you further.

Tom

Gary Fox
03-31-2000, 09:24 AM
Dear Tom: I appreciate your reply and help. I checked the size of these hree files on my computer at home & my son's computer at work. His files were larger, which made both of us nervous to use my files to overwrite his - so I just walked him through recreating the form using my data at home while he rebuilt at work. Took a few hours, but it also helped him understand some of what went into creating his database. Thanks again. He probably could have used the zip drive at work to copy those three files, but I am unfamiliar with the use of the ziip drive, and the technician that installed it was unavailable. Gary