PDA

View Full Version : Searches in new Forum not working

ABC123

Mike Thomson
09-24-2005, 06:16 AM
The searches in the new forum don;t seem to work
If you go search and enter some keywords, (one you know are there) - no match is found

Mike Thomson

JerryBrightbill
09-24-2005, 07:32 AM
It looks like searches only work on new posts. A bit of a bummer actually

Mike Thomson
09-24-2005, 06:36 PM
I suspect Alpha have not generate a search index on the old forum , hopefully this will be fixed soon

AaronBBrown
09-24-2005, 09:45 PM
As the new data is imported, it takes time before it is all indexed. It will work. :)

I moved this to the Forum Support forum.

Tom Cone Jr
09-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Tried to search the A5v4 forum for

and the search engine couldn't find any threads, even though I can see several instances myself by glancing through a few likely topics.

Feels like the search engine (for a single forum) is not working.

-- tom

AaronBBrown
09-27-2005, 03:17 PM
I am still in the midst of importing data. When it is all done (probably by tomorrow morning), I will update the indexes and searches will work across the board. Currently, they only work on A5v7 and A5v6.

AaronBBrown
09-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Please read this announcement (it should be at the top of your screen, too)

Searching and Old Threads (http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/alphaforum/announcement.php?f=41&announcementid=5)

Steve Andrews
09-29-2005, 09:36 AM
I am still in the midst of importing data. ... Currently, they only work on A5v7 and A5v6.

Aaron,

Aside from the process of importing from the old forums, there seem to be problems with the search even when it comes to the latest postings.

In a thread titled Append Problem on the V6 forum, was a posting made today which included the word "corrupt". Upon doing a search for that word only one find came up and it was not the posting above. So this brings the question of whether there is a time delay in getting the postings indexed for searching.

I was just curious as to whether this was a result of getting all threads (past and present) updated or if another problem was present.

Steve

AaronBBrown
09-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Steve,

I am currently reindexing the posts as we speak. This involves clearing all the indexes first.

There should be no time delay in the future.

Aaron

AaronBBrown
09-29-2005, 01:26 PM
The reindexing is done. Search to your heart's content!