PDA

View Full Version : Jpeg image selection

ABC123

David Day
03-24-2005, 11:02 AM
I am looking for a way to select from a jpeg image instead of text. In other world intead of selecting the text "phone", a jpeg of a phone can be selected. I am limiting the selection to 4 items so the jpegs allowed are limited. Can this be done? Thanks for your help.

Stan Mathews
03-24-2005, 12:03 PM
In what context? Are you speaking of having pictures on a form so that a user could select actions by pointing at a picture?

David Day
03-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Well no. What I am looking for is instead of picking out text, I want to pick out a pic. For instance, I want to have a small jpeg of a telephone instead of phone. I am putting together a contact database. I was thinking it might be kinda cool that a jpeg of a telephone would show instead of the text "phone." Therefore on the calendar add in the monthly calendar would show a phone or a door or something else. Hey, if I can get it to work it would be pretty cool.

David Day
03-24-2005, 06:05 PM
I would like to add. What I am wanting is possibly a selection of an icon instead of text. Any ideas?

Ken L Herrold
03-27-2005, 07:53 AM
David:
The guys at Alpha have [sort of] anticipated your request.

Try this.
1. Drag a button to the form; size it and...
2. 'Define Button' dialog appears
3. Pick 'Predefined Buttons' tab
4. Scroll down to 'Tools' and hit the '+'
5. Scroll down to the phone Icon.
6. Set it at picture; picture followed by text; or whatever.
Voila!
Now for Alpha's icing on the cake.
Select Action for the Button
1.Click the Green '+'
2.Click 'All Actions' at the 'Select Action' Screen
3.Look right and find 'Dial a Phone Number in a field'
4.Follow the prompts.
Voila'[2]
If you want the button to look like a label. Size it like the labels above and below, and color it similarly.

Now your User can just push the button to dial.

K O O L

Hope that's what you want..

Ken

Ken L Herrold
03-27-2005, 07:57 AM
Never mind..... I just re-read your post and don't think that you want what I just described at all.

Ken

davej
03-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Ken,

I think you are pretty close to what David is asking for. Let's just take it a step further - size the button down to a size small enough to just inclose the phone, then set the Button Properties to transparent and the Border Style to 'No border'. That will give David what appears to be just a phone, but in fact is a button to which he can and whatever actions he wants.

Dave

Louis Nickerson
03-29-2005, 01:02 PM
David,

I believe I have done pretty much what you are looking for in the past. It's fairly easy to accomplish and the results are quite impressive on the screen.

I tried to email you offering to assist over the telephone, but your email was kicked back to me as undeliverable twice.

If you are still having trouble with this and would like some assistance, please give me a call at 1-800-209-0891 extension 132.

Louis