PDA

View Full Version : New Browse not Listed

ABC123

John Castle
03-22-2005, 08:23 AM
I am building a new app from a damaged one. I have added selected tables and layouts, pasted in scripts etc. I have avoided the main set I believe is corrupt.

However when I go to define a new browse from the control panel and save its layout, it is not listed on the panel afterwards. Repeat the process and save it and the original name appears in the list of saved browses.

I have done a database compact and restarted the pc. The trace window shows no errors. The browses are simply for use in field lookups.

Am I going mad?

Stan Mathews
03-22-2005, 09:23 AM
You may have the control panel not to constant refresh. Using the toolbar button should visibilize the addition.

John Castle
03-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Thanks - I have had enough corruption with an app I was writing so had begun a rewrite then thought more corruption had occurred when I could not see the browses I had just designed. Even clicking the refresh button did not show them.

Cheryl Lemire
03-23-2005, 04:16 AM
John,

I have seen that behavior on occasion. Normally when something like that happens to me I simply shut down Alpha and re-open. Many times it is there at that time. If it is not, I create it again and it seems to save properly. Unfortunately I have not had it happen consistently enough to determine the cause.

Good luck
Cheryl

John Castle
03-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Oddly even turning on control panel constant refresh the browses more than not do not appear even though they do exist and the app can call them successfully - at present I see them momentarily. Next time I look some of the new ones they are not listed.

Cheryl Lemire
03-23-2005, 04:37 PM
John,

Post your db with steps to duplicate the issue. We can help you better that way.

Good luck
Cheryl