PDA

View Full Version : Can't select a field on a Tab!

ABC123

JoeChris
03-19-2005, 08:26 AM
I created a set with two child tables. On a form I added some numeric fields of the parent table to the first tab. The second tab will have other parent fields, and third and forth have child embeded browses. For some reason I am unable to select the numeric fields, but I can select the logical ones and the character ones.

When I copy the same field and paste it outside the tab, it does works. I unchecked the read only and on field rules I don't have skip(.t.). I included an image of the form I am using.

I don't see what I am doing wrong, if I am. Can someone tell me what else to check?

José

Cheryl Lemire
03-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Jose,

I am probably missing something, but the jpg you attached, the fields look the same to me. What exactly isn't working? Can we see the properties of the different fields. Sorry, but I am not very clear with what is happening and what is needed to happen.

Good luck
Cheryl

JoeChris
03-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Cheryl,
Thats specificly the problem, the same field outside the tabs works, the same field inside the tabs doesn't. I am including now the tables, its better shown.

José

Cheryl Lemire
03-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Jose,

Nothing is attached.

Cheryl

JoeChris
03-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Cheryl,
I reopened the file sent and it contains a test.adb under \gtsm\contracts. Pls check again.

José

Cheryl Lemire
03-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Jose,

I have the file but I still need to know how to duplicate your problem. The form opens fine, there are two records. What do I need to do in order to see that the field on the tabbed object is NOT working vs the one outside the tabbed object?

Please give me detailed steps. What fields do I need to fill out, and what should my results be when I do that?

Thanks
Cheryl

Cheryl Lemire
03-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Jose,

With a lot of trial and error, I think I have found the cause of your problem. It is not that the field is on the tabbed object vs outside the tabbed object. The issue is caused by having the field within a 'frame' object. It seems that none of the 'type-in' fields that are within a frame can be accessed.

Apparently using a frame is not going to work with what you are trying to accomplish. I would suggest that you use an rtf object and set the border for that object to the desired result, then insert your fields through the rtf object formatting them in the way you need.

Good luck
Cheryl

JoeChris
03-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Cheryl,

I took out the frame and it did work. Next time (if there is) I'l give more details.

This is why I keep coming to the forum (even when I have only posted 2 or 3 messages), great support from Alpha Five and peers.

Thanks for your help!

José

Cheryl Lemire
03-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Jose,

I am glad you were able to resolve the issue. Posting a copy of the db with detailed steps to duplicate an issue with the first post will always return quicker results. Hence the reason for the first post on the board: Please read before posting. It just saves all of us a lot of guessing time.

Good luck and continued success.
Cheryl