PDA

View Full Version : A5 home email

ABC123

Schulzie
03-13-2005, 05:17 AM
Hi Alpha Marketing,

Can a report created in A54.5 be emailed to a client verbatim without the PDF format in A5 Home? If so, how much would 4 copies of A5 Home cost including S&H.

Ed Schulz

Cheryl Lemire
03-13-2005, 07:45 AM
The download version cost $99 each, if you want the packaged version you would have to check the shipping and handling based on where the package(s) would be shipped:

"a href="http://www.alphasoftware.com/shop/prodlist.asp?TYPEID=14&TYPE=Alpha+Five+Home+Edition"" Alpha Five Home Edition"/a"

Not sure exactly what you mean by sending the report 'verbatim'. If the end user is going to have the home version on their pc, you could simply send them the application or the table that the report is based on and they can open it on their end.

Schulzie
03-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for responding. The report that will be emailed is not going to a user, it is going to a food supplier that will in turn ship the products listed in a browse to the supermarket that is listed in the report.

As it presently is done, the report is printed and subsequently faxed to the supplier. The primary user would like to email the report as it is designed, not in PDF, which would make the order simpler to send. The food broker has 4 offices throughout the south.

es

CALocklin
03-13-2005, 09:45 AM
You can't just "send the report" - it has to be output to some type of file format first.

I presume the issues is simply one of not wanting to download an attachment? If so, it would be possible to build your e-mail text through xbasic and this would replace the report. However, this would take some programming and some knowledge of exactly what you wanted to do. It would also make it harder to get the alignment you wanted and harder to add logos, headings, colors, etc. (Not impossible but much harder than with a report saved as PDF.)

Hopefully someone else will know a better way but, without putting a lot of effort into formatting, you might end up with something looking like this - functional but not very pretty:

Item one - 3 @ 1.50 =" 4.50
Next iteme with longer name - 1 @ 7.89 =" 7.89
-------------------------------------
Sub-Total: 12.39
Tax: .96
===================
Total: 13.35

Schulzie
03-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi Cal,

I guess I made a rash assumption. I was under the assumption that while viewing the report, that ... that report could be emailed directly.

Whle we are on the subject, what can be emailed with V5?

Ed

Cheryl Lemire
03-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Ed,

You can email the report while viewing it. But you have to choose a format to email it in, html-rtf-pdf. What is the issue with sending it in the pdf format or one of the others?

Cheryl

Schulzie
03-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi Cheryl,

I just want the end result to look the same as the "order report" does on the screen, without any other gimmicks.

Ed

Cheryl Lemire
03-13-2005, 10:49 AM
I don't think the pdf format adds any substantial gimmicks that really change the appearance of the on screen report. You might consider the rtf format which is opened with word, maybe that is closer to what you are looking for?

Schulzie
03-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Hi cheryl,

Thank you, I'll try a test shot.
Ed