PDA

View Full Version : Find by Text

ABC123

SteveManton
03-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Hi, I have two forms. Using 'find by text' works on one but not the other. Anyone know any reason for this?

Thanks in anticipation
Steve

Tom Cone Jr
03-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Tell us what 'not working' means on form 2 ?

-- tom

SteveManton
03-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi Tom
When I click on 'Find Text' or use CTRL-L nothing happens, no dialogue box appears.

Steve

Tom Cone Jr
03-09-2005, 03:32 AM
Open form in design mode.

Check Properties of Form. On the Form tab is there a check mark by Restrict Find Commands?

-- tom

SteveManton
03-09-2005, 04:15 AM
Tom

There is no check mark by 'restrict find'

Steve

Tom Cone Jr
03-09-2005, 04:20 AM
Ok.

Unless someone else has a better idea, I suggest you zip the database and post it here so we can look over your shoulder. If you do this, please tell us which form is the troubled child, and furnish step by step instructions on how to see the problem.

-- tom

SteveManton
03-09-2005, 04:20 AM
Hi Tom

I have just done a search on this subject and someone else had the problem. It was due to having a 'system date' field on the form which for some reason prevented 'find by text' activating. My second form has such a date field on it. Tried removing it and sure enough the 'find by text' works as normal!!! Why is this?

Steve

Cheryl Lemire
03-09-2005, 04:37 AM
Steve,

I have a system date field on a form and am able to successfully activate the find by text. Although removing the field may have resolved your issue, it sounds like there is more to it than that going on. What system date field did you use? Maybe my system date field is different than yours?

Good luck
Cheryl

SteveManton
03-09-2005, 04:43 AM
Thanks for your interest Cheryl. I did not know there was more than one system date. I use the one from the drag drop list in form design mode.

Steve

Cheryl Lemire
03-09-2005, 04:54 AM
Steve,

I stand corrected. My date field was NOT the system date field. I am using a calculated field. Since I do not know 'why' the system date field causes a conflict with the find by text, if you want the date on the form you can create a calculated field. Something like:

curr_date = date()

Sorry for my initial error.

Cheryl

SteveManton
03-09-2005, 05:10 AM
Thank you Cheryl, I have done exactly what you suggested and it works perfectly.

Kind regards

Steve