PDA

View Full Version : Error Running addin 'startup_alpha_five': Error 1

ABC123

Lynda Huddleston
03-07-2005, 08:59 AM
HELP! I have a client that is on Runtime, but I have also licensed 1 Full Version so that I can make edits on-site. I have been using all morning, but went to open Full Version, and get this?

Anyone know what happened? Or how to fix....

THANKS

Stan Mathews
03-07-2005, 10:20 AM
When I did a search on this board for "Error 1" it seems to often be a disparity between the runtime version patch installed and the developer version patch installed.

Tom Cone Jr
03-07-2005, 12:09 PM
I believe this can also happen when there's a path issue on startup. I think Error 1 means Alpha can't find and open a table that it needs. I'd check the startup sequence closely, including path names in the start in and working directories on any shortcut being used. -- tom

Lynda Huddleston
03-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks for your response - it had fixed itself by the time you responded.

This makes sense. At the same time, I had my runtime users saying that they couldn't load items on an invoice and they were getting "cannot create lookup" - which typically means it can't see the table or path that I have pointed it to in field rules. It also fixed itself about the same time as the Full Version just suddenly "let me back in".

Have you ever seen this before? Is it because of the software having a bug - or is it that the server itself seemed to loose itself? What can cause the server to not see the path? It is a terminal server on Windows 2000 ( think) and we seem to have a lot of indexing issues as well.