PDA

View Full Version : Update totals

ABC123

John Burke
03-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Hye guy's here I am again. I've attached my sample. In the operations, the update order totals, doesn't do anything, not even an error msg. Basically what I want to do is update the amount field in the ord-head, with the calc field cust_total, which is on the charges tab of the load sheet add2 form. Through another operation these totals will update the invoice table. When I put the op in design mode and look at the Xbasic code, is there a way to modify the code in that window. tks for help jb

Stan Mathews
03-03-2005, 04:43 AM
Hi again, no it isn't.

"When I put the op in design mode and look at the Xbasic code, is there a way to modify the code in that window." - No, but you can save the code as a script, modify it on the code tab, and run that script rather than the saved operation.

John Burke
03-03-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi Stan, thanks for the reply, tried that, still wouldn't run. Did my file not attach when I sent the thread?

Al Buchholz
03-03-2005, 09:06 AM
John

Your file did not attach.

John Burke
03-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Here is the file, I already attached to another thread, looks like that thread was deleted. tks Al

Stan Mathews
03-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Close but not quite.

We need at least one more table, maybe more. The attachment you posted is missing the recvr table. There may be more missing if they are part of the order.set. It is not possible to view the structure of the order.set with one or more tables missing so I can't tell if recvr is the only needed table.

Attaching a screenshot which indicates some of the missing tables (pale icons).

Stan Mathews
03-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Sorry, the attachment this time.

John Burke
03-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Thaks Stan, here is the att with only the tables that make up the order.set. jb

Al Buchholz
03-03-2005, 03:11 PM
John

That's the same file that you sent before........

No more, no less.

John Burke
03-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi Al, have you tired opening the order.set, there's no tables missing that I can see. I'de sent the whole DB but it's too large. Mayble I'll just copy the DB to another directory and delete all the tables that are not connected to the problem. tks jb

John Burke
03-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Here we go one more time. Copied the DB to another dir and stripped it down. New name is sample disp. Everything should be there now. Please feel free to put ur 2 cents into any direction I may be going astray. tks jb

Stan Mathews
03-04-2005, 09:13 AM
I changed the "Select records" from "Current Selection of Records" to "All Records" which seems more appropriate in view of the condition you have specified in the update.

The update seems to run fine with that change.

John Burke
03-04-2005, 09:51 AM
thank you stan, I didn't use the genie to create the update, went directly to create, which doesn't give you a choice of record selection. tks again jb

John Burke
03-04-2005, 03:28 PM
hey guru's, keeping this thread open will help me a lot. Can someone look at the code for the form Load_sheet_add2 in the fetch event, and then look at the sequences for the invoice orders btn on the form. I need the events to show the dispatch as posted, when the events have run. All the op's work the way they should, but it doesn't put the posted status as .t. Still on my learning curve, think it goes round the moon. tks jb

Tom Cone Jr
03-05-2005, 06:13 AM
Actually, John, switching to another topic inside the existing thread is not advisable. The new topic is practically invisible to other users. You'll get better exposure limiting each question to a single topic.

-- tom

Al Buchholz
03-05-2005, 06:37 AM
John Burke wrote:
-------------------------------
thank you stan, I didn't use the genie to create the update, went directly to create, which doesn't give you a choice of record selection.

Actually John, that's not correct. You didn't find it. Anything that can be done in a genie, can be done in the create mode or in xbasic.

See attached image.

You may want to use the option to view in details from the control panel. It will definitely help with where the tables/sets are located.

And as fast and friendly as this message board is, it's still faster for you to learn the ins and outs for yourself.

We all are going through a learning curve. With a tool that advances itself as much as Alpha has in an industry that advances on a daily basis, good learning techniques are vital.

btw, since you are just learning, why aren't you on version 6? You'd find it much easier since there are more tools and genies.

tks again jb

John Burke
03-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I try and get as much out of the treads as I can. Yes I do see the selected records availability now, thanks Al. I have V6 and use it for new DB's, but I started this one in V5, and right now I like it better than V6, but I am getting used to it.