PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Copy in Contact Manager

ABC123

Trixie dela Cena
03-01-2005, 09:52 AM
When I do the Network Optimization, it will create a shadow copy. The Refresh Shadow from the Control Panel also works.

But when I added a Refresh Shadow on one of my forms, it
will not run at all.

I used Xdialog and even used XBasic to call the Refresh Shadow but it still will not work. I don't know what is preventing it to run.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks. Trixie.

Rawlings
03-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi Trixie,
Post a sample of the xbasic code for the refresh shadow that is executed from your form. This will help us to better assist you. Okay.

RAWLINGS

Trixie dela Cena
03-01-2005, 10:33 AM
I did a simple one just to see if it will execute. The following is a direct code. It will not run it.

code:
Refresh_Shadow()

Trixie dela Cena
03-01-2005, 01:45 PM
BTW, I also tried from the RT version and use the Refresh Shadow from the Control Panel. It will start to run but it will eventually give me an error message: "Unhandled Exception. A5 will do a forced termination".

Could this be part of the problem?

Thanks. Trixie.

Trixie dela Cena
03-01-2005, 02:29 PM
OK. Correct me if I am wrong...you can ONLY make a Refresh Shadow button on the Main Menu. Is this right?

Apparently, after exhaustively trying different ways to make the Refresh Shadow button on the Contact Manager, the only time it did refresh it is when I put it on the Main page. I was doing it on one of the sub-menu and it is not letting me run it but giving me the Unhandled Exception Error.

So, I guess I will just put the button on the Main Menu unless anyone can give me an insight on how to make the Refresh Shadow work on the sub-level.

Thanks. Trixie.

Stan Mathews
03-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Refresh_shadow() should only be called from the shadow database. It should not matter what form in the shadow database contains the button running the command.

Perhaps the description of the refresh shadow action script command gives a clearer description...

The Refresh Shadow Database action refreshes the current database if it is a shadow database, otherwise no action will occur.