PDA

View Full Version : Order Entry Application

ABC123

Jim Grisard
02-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Just bought this program and wondering how to add writing to the field "productname" when I'm in the order entry mode. When I highlite the product ID and it pastes the description in the order form, I sometimes need to add a few letters to the desription and it won't let me. Tried looking up the field rules for this and there are no restrictions applied. Need Help!

John Cunradi
02-28-2005, 08:53 AM
It sounds to me like you need to go to the field-rules for the table and go to "lookups" and then un-check "force closet match" for the filed to be filled-in.

Hope this helps.

Jim Grisard
02-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the reply, I tried that. This is really crazy. I can hit f3 which allows edits and can edit and add text to every field on the form except description. It won't allow me to add to the end of the text. If I setup another temp browse I can add text. Go figure. Anyway I appreciate your response.

Dan Blank
02-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi Jim,

The problem could be a couple of things.

On the form (in design mode) you may need to see if the field is set to read only. Or does the field need to be formated for a longer character length.

That is the first thing I would check.

Dan

Jim Grisard
02-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks Dan, It is an embedded browse on the form and in the design mode, the object properties are set to tab, not read only and I set the field length to more than I need. Its weird. It's only that one field. Thanks for your input.

Dan Blank
02-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi Jim,

Since the field is in a browse, go to design mode, double click the browse, then highlight the column, right click, select properties. Then see if read only is checked under set up, and also check the display format under the format tab.

Dan
Dan Blank Databases, Inc.

Dan Blank
02-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Hi Jim,

I just now got a copy of the Order Entry, and opened it up. The reason you can't enter additonal text is because this is a calculated field. It is looking up the product description from the Products table.

So you either need to remove the calculated field and replace the field with you own product description field, and let the lookup fill that field in as well as the Product ID. Or change the description in the product table.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Dan Blank Databases, Inc.

Jim Grisard
03-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Dan, Once again thanks for going out of your way and responding to my situation. I will give it a try. I did look up that field under field rules and I thought it was set to charcater and not a calc field, but I will check and get back to you. Thanks
Jim Grisard

Jim Grisard
03-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Dan..YOU ARE THE MAN...That did it.Incredible...Thank you so much
Jim