PDA

View Full Version : Receiving email problem

ABC123

Mary Nickerson
02-24-2005, 06:43 AM
I have developed email sending and receiving on my client's Alpha 5 version 5 system. Sending works great, but receiving just sits there and never ends. The popup appears that it is in the Process of receiving, but nothing else happens. They do have the latest build 1506 1058. I saw on previous notes on the message board that this was a problem but was fixed years ago. Does any one have an idea on what could be wrong. I am using the xbasic command, email_receive(.t.).
Thank you.
Mary

Scott Emerick
02-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Hi Mary,

You must be using this too since I never get a reply to any email I send you :)

Best I can suggest is to check your "EMAIL" Pointer Properties to be sure they are set correctly.

Sorry I can't be more help, I haven't played with the email stuff much.

Scott

Mary Nickerson
02-24-2005, 02:45 PM
I have more information about my problem. The error message I am getting is 'invalid field type'. It must have to have something to do with the settings but how can I figure out what setting could be wrong? I have been reading all the messages about the email problems but I can not see anything that can help me.
Mary

Cheryl Lemire
02-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Mary,

Take a screen shot of your settings and attach them to this post. Maybe somebody will see something that you are not seeing.

Just a thought.
Cheryl

Mary Nickerson
02-25-2005, 05:34 AM
I am going to attempt to send the screen shot of the settings that the client created.