PDA

View Full Version : Where is autoexec?

ABC123

WesOlfert
02-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Just a simple quewtion this time -- Where is the autoexec script to be found? Or is it just a script that is made in the Script Editor and given the specific name "autoexec"?

Steve Workings
02-22-2005, 02:48 AM
You have to create it. Go to the code tab and start a new script. It can be Xbasic or Action Scripting -- just as long as you name it autoexec when you save it.

- Steve

Tom Cone Jr
02-22-2005, 02:49 AM
It's an ordinary global script that's saved in the Code page of the Control Panel with the name "autoexec". This is explained in the help files. If you aren't using Alpha Five Help (CHM or WebHelp) then you're working too hard.

-- tom

WesOlfert
02-22-2005, 09:05 AM
When I go to Help (on the Menu) all I get is a list of Reference Books - no context senstive help seems to be available on my system. There must be a way to set that up -- but I just haven't found out how yet. (I'm sure I am working too hard!) I'll be grateful for a pointer or two on this, although I'm sure I can search for it and get answers in time.

WesOlfert
02-22-2005, 09:09 AM
I just found the WebHelp -- sitting right there on top of the "phorum" page -- presto! Just what I needed with lots of answers -- thanks for steering me there!

Tom Cone Jr
02-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Wes,

You should visit the Learning Center. (Link on the Alpha Software home page.)

Lots of good stuff there, plus you can d/l the compiled help file ("Alpha Five Help") so you can have access to the latest help without an internet connection if you want to.

-- tom