PDA

View Full Version : Browse on one form based on another set.

ABC123

John Burke
02-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi all: I'v looked through some threads, couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. On my Customer Form, I have tabs for different info. One of the tabs is called Customer Lanes. How would I present info when it comes from another set. (Order Set) the set has the shipper and receiver. Eg of what I want it to look like.

ord # Shipper City S/P Date Rate Currency Receiver S/P

the first 8 columns would come from shipper, the last 2 from the receiver. I tried putting a btn on the form to display a browse, gave me the info, too messy looking. I may be able to create a Form with an embedded browse that I would have more control over. Looking for suggestions. tks jb

Al Buchholz
02-21-2005, 06:41 PM
John

It is not only possible, but preferable to have sets that contain tables that are in other sets.

I hear you thinking that once a table is in one set, it shouldn't be in another.

I think in your case, you should add a set that has exactly the tables and linkages that you need and then built the form based on that set.

Keep the other set doing what it does and add more sets as you need more functionality. You may find that you'll have sets for entry, others for viewing, and yet others for reporting.

Like all things, be reasonable and prudent with your resources. Don't make sets if they are duplicates of others.

Hope that helps. Some times it's the mind set that needs the most convincing..... At least that's the way it is for me.....

John Burke
02-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks Al, exactly what I done. Made a set from the required tbls in the other set, made a form with a browse to display the info wanted, then put a btn on my shipping lanes form, played with the sizing and Voila', exactly what I need. tks again