PDA

View Full Version : Report Problem using Set

ABC123

WesOlfert
02-13-2005, 08:12 PM
I am having a problem getting a report to come out correctly using a set structure. I have attached a sample. If anyone could evaluate this for me and suggest a solution I would greatly appreciate it.

I'd like to get the report to print the NAME once, then DETAIL A, DETAIL B, and DETAIL C neatly under the name. There must be a bette way to do this that what I have tried so far!

If you go to the example and go to REPORTS / Test Report on Details -- you will hopefully see what I mean.

Thanks for any help on this.

Wes

David
02-13-2005, 09:29 PM
I am not an experienced user.
Open your report in design mode and go up to the menu bar and select "Report",
then select "insert group break"
Then in Break on change select your criteria, like
"Names-"Name"
Then select OK.
Now drag the Name field up to the; mine says
Group'Group 1'Header

Reports for me take a lot of time.

I sent back the file with a little bit of what I said above.
David

WesOlfert
02-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Thank for your idea.
Thant helps. It odes get the details under the name, but I see a couple other interesting things.

1. In order to get the DETAILS to line up nicely under each other, I have to put them on top of each in the design! That seems really strange!

2. I tried to get the second name to show up in the report (breaak for the second "N_id") but it doesn't do it. I wonder why?

I am also quite new at Alpha 5 -- seems like it can take hours trying to resolve some little difficult. But I sure do appreciate the help on this forum.

Maybe you or someone else will have some more ideas. I have attached my revised database to illustrate the problem.

Wes