PDA

View Full Version : retreive database "form" w/linked field

ABC123

Larry Bresnick
02-10-2005, 12:27 PM
I have two databases that are linked by a “customer number”. The first database is a listing of customers (apartments) and their address and prices. The second database is of floor plans. Any given property could have several different floor plans that are linked to the one property. I am trying to set the program so that I can set up a customer and than add its plans into the second database. I need to be able to retrieve a blank floor plan form with the linking field (customer number) already filled in (read only) from within the customer database form. I am working in version 5, and I need help in layman’s terms. Please!

Stan Mathews
02-10-2005, 12:38 PM
This is what "sets" in Alpha are for. Create a set with the customer table as the parent and floor plans as the child, linked one to many on the custopmer number field field.

When you add records in a form based on the set you will automatically create records in both tables at the same time.

Willard
02-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Please feel free to post your databases and we can rapidly do this for you so that you can learn the method that Stan has recommended. I believe this would take use less than 5 minutes to do for you.