PDA

View Full Version : Choose report items by picklist

ABC123

Rodney Efird
02-09-2005, 08:39 AM
I would like to be able to select certian items to show on a report by a list generated from a table.
I have a production ticket that needs to have certian items printed on it after haveing been picked from a list. I have searched but cannot find anything to do as I wish.

To give an example. I have a production ticket to print that should contain something such as: Board #1234, Hook 365, Bag 597.

The table that this ticket is based on may have several other itmes that would be used for a different assembly.

I will also need to do calculations based on the itmes chosen.

If I have not be clear please advise and I will try to explain better.

Thank you

Rodney

Bill Warner
02-09-2005, 12:43 PM
You can do this by adding a field to your table whose purpose will be to designate which items you want to include.

For example, you could have a field called CK that you put on a form or browse, displayed as a check box. Then, you could go through the items, check those you want to include, and then put a filter in your report to show only those that have been checked.

You should also have a way to remove all check marks when you are done.

Another way to do it would be to create a set with your table as the parent, and a one-to-many child. Then, in the child, enter only those items that you want to include for the parent record. Then, create your report based on just this parent.

Rodney Efird
02-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks Bill. I know I can do it using your stated method. I left out a very important detail. I wish to use an xdialog to accomplish the task.

Thanks