PDA

View Full Version : Oracle, sql

ABC123

Walter
02-07-2005, 02:52 AM
Hi all,

I am new to a possible connection from a5 to other back end databases like sql and oracle.

Does Alpha 5 retain all functionality concerning forms, reports design etc. when connecting to a back end database, ex. sql or oracle?

How does alpha5 compare against sql, oracle, concerning speed, storage and funcionality etc?

Any help, links will help
Walter

Edward Larrabee
02-08-2005, 05:15 AM
For a more complete answer, you should speak to our sales department. The goal of the current version of Alpha Five is to support interactive access to ADO/ODBC compatible databases in Web Application development. This means that the web user can insert, delete, and update records in the backend database.

The next release of Alpha Five will allow you to use both Alpha Five and backend data in the same manner (transparently) when building Windows or web applications.

The goal is not to replace Oracle and its kin, but to augment ment these ADO/ODBC compatible database with an easy-to-use Windows application development environment.

Walter
02-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Hello Edward,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, the client is looking for an web based app.
They are looking to replace their existing database - maybe- depending on how a5 perform against their back end databases.
I will contact your sales regarding this one.

One thing I know for sure is that a5 will be less expensive than their current setup!
Thanks
Walter