PDA

View Full Version : memo editor

ABC123

BRIAN GRAY
02-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Good evening,

Is there a smart field built for the memo editor for a xdialog box. I need a memo field in my xdialog box but have limited room so this would come in handy. I have searched with no success but I could swear I have used one before.

Thanks Brian

Raymond Lyons
02-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Brian,

I am not sure what you mean by "smart field" in this context or even exactly what you want to do with your memo text. But in your xdialog you could run something like the following with a script_play (might need script_spawn) and you could change the OK button to in the xdialog below to copy the text into the clipboard and then paste it wherever you want. By the way, I owe the basics of xdialog below to Peter Wayne.

Ray Lyons

'Date Created: 07-Feb-2005 12:35:30 AM
'Last Updated: 07-Feb-2005 01:01:46 AM
'Created By : Raymond Lyons
'Updated By : Raymond Lyons
dlg_title="A5 Memopad"
ui_modeless_dlg_box(dlg_title,""%dlg%
{position=remember=A5_Memopad}
[%MW%.60,20editor];
{line=1,0};
"OK" "10Cancel";
%dlg%,""%code%
if a_dlg_button="OK" then
ui_modeless_dlg_close(dlg_title)
ui_msg_box("Text in the Memopad",editor)
else
ui_modeless_dlg_close(dlg_title)
end if
%code%)

BRIAN GRAY
02-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Hello Raymond,

What I meant by smart field was basically a text box with a button. Just like the calendar,calculator something like that. I was hoping there was one I could use on a xdialog box. Exactlly like the one automatically built for memo fields. I thought I have used one before but I probally just built one like your eg. It just would have been nice to have a text box with the button in it. Speaking of which it would be nice to have a "empty" one available that we could define the bitmap and script to play when pushed.

Brian

Raymond Lyons
02-07-2005, 08:00 PM
I do not think you can get exactly what you want on an xdialog. But you should be able to almost have the same functionality. For example, right next to a text variable on your xdialog you could have a button that opens the xdialog I presented above and when closed the text could go into your variable.

You could do something similar with A5_Memo_Editor() or A5_Memo_Editor2(), one of which could put the text directly into a memo field in a table. I assume that somewhere down the road there will be a way to do exactly what you want but I do not think Alpha is there yet.

Ray