PDA

View Full Version : Browse Row color

ABC123

John Burke
02-04-2005, 12:45 PM
hey gang, just a quick question. In a browse I can change the colors of the individual columns according to the status i set. Is there a way to actually change the row of the browse, so I don't have to change all the columns. tks jb

davej
02-04-2005, 12:49 PM
John,

There has been a good bit of discussion of this, with solutions provided by Selwyn and others. Use either Search or check the FAQs.

Dave

John Burke
02-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the reply Dave, had looked in search 280 threads, some dealing with alternating row color. I know I can put the calc equation in each column to change the color, as per the status. Thought there may be a way to actually change the full row at one time. To help understand what I'm trying to accomplish. The Browse has a Status field, the selections are (Available, Dispatched, Invoiced and Voided) I want to be able to change the row according to the status.eg, Red for available, Green for Invoiced, etc. Changing the Indvidual Columns works, just a long way around. thanks again jb

Louis Nickerson
02-04-2005, 05:23 PM
John,

No...you must set the color equasion for each column.

As a time saver, you might want to look at the "Copy Selected Properties" option under the "Advanced" menu item on the column's right click menu (in the design mode of course).

Louis

John Burke
02-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Thanks Louis, thought as much. jb

Peter.Greulich
02-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Not exactly, but you can create a calculated color expression in your form and call it "Colors".

1. Paste Calc-"Colors as the expression in each column. The row colors will fire correctly. Now if you change your mind about the color schema, just change the one form level expression and all the columns will be instantly updated. Can save a lot of time if your apt to change colors.

2. You can also assign the color name to variables, and use the variables in your expression

Combining 1 & 2 gives you the ultimate in flexibility.

John Burke
02-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Thank you Peter, looks like a better way. Now without making another post, I have 2 RTF Holders on a report. One has the shipper name add etc, the other has the consignee name add etc. The holder with the ship info works fine, the other holder doesn't. I've checked the expressions within the holder and they give me the correct info, but it won't print on the report. any suggestions. tks jb

Peter.Greulich
02-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Better to start a new thread so others might see it.

Is this a table or a set?

You might want to post a working example.