PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Browse on same form

ABC123

John Burke
02-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi all, I'm designing a Transportation Brokerage Database, with the help of the threads and answered answers to my questions, when posted, it's coming along fine. I need a solution to a multiple dispatch. A cust will phone it with a pickup order, this order may consist of one pickup location or many, also the destination could be one or many. I have created a single dispatch( one pick one drop) for a standard load. Could I use 2 browses', one for Pickup origin, the other for destinations. If so how can I tie them together, that is, if I select a pickup loaction in the origin box, it should show me the destination(s) in the other browse. If this is not possible, I'm surely open to suggestions. Thanks to all jb

Al Buchholz
02-04-2005, 10:29 AM
John

A set will do that for you. Just set up the linkages properly with a 1:m from pickup to destinations. Works great!

John Burke
02-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Thank you Al for the response. Made my two Browses and they give me exactly what I want for info. Have one slight problem, I hope. I would like the first column, which contains the shipper name, to be a drop down selection. The shipper table is indexed on the shipper id, and you can't use a primary index in a browse table, or so I think. Is there a way to restructure my lookup in the Shipper table to select the Shipper Name instead of the ID. I tried to reset the links in the Order Set. The shipper id is in the order table, I tried to link this to the shipper name in the shipper table. Won't act as a dropdown in my browse. I'm sure there is a way to do this. Thanks for any suggestions. jb

Al Buchholz
02-05-2005, 07:53 PM
John

It should work the way that you want.

You may want to look at the Alphasports example of invoice line items and how a product is selected.

Otherwise zip your database and post it here or email it to me.