PDA

View Full Version : deleted/re-appearing text

ABC123

pps
02-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Ok, here is my problem. I have a table that has all of my report information in it, and at t he end of the month I print out a list of invoices based on the table information. I have 3 major fields, Applicant_Name, Spouse_Name, and Customer. If I delete the Spouse_Name information and leave the field blank, then save it, and print the invoice again, my spouse name shows up. I have tried compacting, re-indexing, shutting it down and restarting, and Ive gone in to the table and visually checked to make sure the information was gone, and it still shows up on the invoice report. Now, to clarify, I still need the Applicant_Name and Customer information, so the record itself is not gone, just some information in it. I just cant seem to figure out where it's coming from. Any help or a point in the right direction appreciated. Thank You!

Jason

davej
02-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Jason,

Rule 1 - there ain't no magic. Somewhere/somehow the spouse name is stored in a table. It would be an interesting guessing game without more to go on. How about attaching a zipped version of the application, with only enough data to replicate the problem?

Dave

Tom Cone Jr
02-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Jason, if you open the report layout in design mode you can inspect the properties of each object in the layout. If you move your mouse cursor over the object that's displaying the spouse's name and leave it there in a few seconds a little bubble help thingee (technical term) will pop up. This will show you the source of the data that's appearing in the field at print time.

-- t

pps
02-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Cool, I didn't know that....

I did find the problem though. Teach me to code at 4 AM :-)

I had an extra two lines of code in x-basic that were supposed to have been deleted. I missed them the first 5 times I went through it but I found it finally. Thanks for the info though. Learned something new!