PDA

View Full Version : Keeping close application

ABC123

Romy Huang
02-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Hi

Yesterday I wrote append operation. I added old data to my application. Because the autoincrement cause the invoice_number increase, I change to "user enter" in the rule, after data entered to the table, I change back to autoincrement. Form works file, it can preview next, first, except "add New Record" or "Save Change". When press these two buttons in the toolbar. It will close Alpha Five. I don't know what goes wrong. I try to compack the database and update index. nothing is working. Please help. Thank in advance.

Romy

Romy Huang
02-02-2005, 10:54 AM
I final find what cause the problem. I put this code in CanSave of form. But I don't where to put this. Any suguest is appreciated. Thank in advance.

Romy
---------------------
Code:
---------------------
topparent:OVERDUE.show()
topparent:SUB_TOTAL.show()
topparent:TAX_AMT.show()
topparent:TOTAL_AMT.show()
topparent:TOT_COMM.show()
topparent:OVERDUE.value=calc-"calBal1
topparent:SUB_TOTAL.value=calc-"calSub
topparent:TAX_AMT.value=calc-"calTax
topparent:TOTAL_AMT.value=calc-"calTotal
topparent:TOT_COMM.value=calc-"calComm
topparent:OVERDUE.hide()
topparent:SUB_TOTAL.hide()
topparent:TAX_AMT.hide()
topparent:TOTAL_AMT.hide()
topparent:TOT_COMM.hide()

Stan Mathews
02-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Can't say I understand what the code is supposed to accomplish. You don't need to show a field to assign a value and then hide it after.

I would examine the calculated fields to make sure their expressions are valid and return numeric values and that their names are spelled correctly in the assignments (=calc-"calBal1).

Romy Huang
02-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I use a set. These calculate variables are in the form to calculate children records. Then I put it in parents record before user save.

Romy Huang
02-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Thank you reply.