PDA

View Full Version : Error 1

ABC123

John Lane
01-28-2005, 10:17 AM
One of my reports is giving Error 1 when I try to open it. The report has worked the first two times I've used it but now I'm getting Error 1. (I have made no changes to DB)
Help would be appreciated.

Louis Nickerson
01-28-2005, 10:35 AM
John,

Have you tried compacting your database, closing A5, then reopening the DB to see if it works?

Louis

John Lane
01-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi Louis
Just tried compacting DB, Still same problem, oh sorry just realised I have posted in wrong section I'm using A5 Ver6.

Cheryl Lemire
01-28-2005, 10:55 AM
John,

Whenever I received Error 1 in a report it was usually because there were no records that matched the filter/query I had setup. Remove your filter and see if you still get the error. If you do, then change the filter to something that you know there are records that match. These two tests should let you know if that is the reason for the error or not.

Good luck
Cheryl

John Lane
01-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi Cheryl

No Joy, I have noticed now that I can run the report for a new address but I'm unable to run the report for an address that I have previously ran the report for.
Hope that makes sense.

John

Cheryl Lemire
01-28-2005, 11:44 AM
John,

I am not sure if it makes sense or not since I am not certain what you mean when you say by address. If 'by address' you are using an address for a filter ... I would check your records. I had not changed the code in my filter and was unable to get the report using the same search criteria. I later found that the data in the record itself was modified.

You may also want to try the infamous pack your tables that the report is based on and compact the database. If you are certain that the query is accurate and the record in fact does exist with that exact query, then the pack and compact should resolve your issue.

Good luck
Cheryl

John Lane
01-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Hi again Cheryl

I'm not actually running a filter, I've tried compacting DB , still no Joy.
Thanks for the ideas, if you think of any thing else please advise.

Question : can info from a memo field go into a report ?

Thanks again

John.

Cheryl Lemire
01-28-2005, 12:52 PM
John,

Why not attach your db to the message and give us instructions on how to duplicate your error. This will make it a lot easier to find a resolution for you.

Yes info from a memo field can go into a report. Just place the memo field on your report where you want the data to appear.

Cheryl

John Lane
01-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks Cheryl & Louis

I have resolved the Error 1 problem, the problem was caused by Pilot Error ! I used the wrong table set.

Still not sure why I could run the report once for each of my clients before the problem occurred.

Thanks again for the help.