PDA

View Full Version : Form Scroll Bar

ABC123

alexmuir
01-28-2005, 02:40 AM
Hello

When I have a form open for data entry and a using a mouse with a wheel, I scroll the form down beyond the end of the fields.

How can I stop this?

Many thanks
Alex

JerryBrightbill
01-28-2005, 03:10 AM
You can't. This has been discussed many times before and is the result of some quirks in the Windows interface as used by Alpha and other programs. This issue has existed for a long time and still exists today. However, some changes are expected for V7.

Jerry

JerryBrightbill
01-28-2005, 06:12 AM
By the way, some mouse drivers have the problem and some do not. It only occurs if you have a scroll wheel mouse.

Jerry

Rawlings
01-28-2005, 06:19 AM
Hi Alex,
I assume you are running windows XP. The problem you described only occurrs in XP. This problem is caused by the height of the windows taskbar which increased in size compared to other previous windows. The solution is to open your desktop display properties, select the Appearance tab, locate the Windows and Buttons option, change Windows XP Style to Windows Classic style. This will solve your problem. But you will loose the fancy XP blue colors on your taskbar & dialog boxes. This is a little prize to pay when scroll bars appears & screw up A5 forms when they are not designed to show up. Let me know if it works for you. Good luck.

RAWLINGS.

JerryBrightbill
01-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Actually, the problem occurs in all Windows version and there is no setting to prevent the "scroll". It will occur in all form modes including view mode. I have Win2000 pro and have the same issue.

Jerry

alexmuir
01-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Hi Rawlings

alexmuir
01-30-2005, 01:13 AM
Hi Rawlings

I tried this but still the problem exists.

I suppose I will just learn to live with it

Thanks for yours and Jerry's help.

Its much appreciated.

Alex

JerryBrightbill
01-30-2005, 05:36 AM
Alex

I was incorrect. The problem has been corrected in A5V6. It only exists in A5V5.

Jerry