PDA

View Full Version : I can see my database but I cannot access it

ABC123

Mario Gonzalez
01-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Something weird happened When I try to access my data (Invoice Application MY WHOLE Life is there) I can not access it the application is in a server and when I click to see the properties for the folder it gives me de size and it tells me that there is data in there.when I call the databaase to open I can see the main menu like everything is OK but when I click on a button there is nothing when I try to see the control panel there is nothing every thing is gone no tables, no sets, no forms no reports no nothing. is all blank I built the application my self and been using it since 2000 but nothing like this has ever happenned and my back up is from a month ago. Please help me

Steve Workings
01-25-2005, 02:52 AM
If your control panel doesn't show any tables and sets, but they do exist in the directory, just add them back into the database. Do this from the control panel; click on the green "+" icon of the toolbar and follow your nose.

- Steve

russ Boehle
01-28-2005, 07:22 PM
As a side note, get in the habit of backing up more frequently. If your life is in there it's worth the effort to have a current backup. Also consider something with removable media in case (god forbid)your house burns down. Keep it offsite.

Russ

Peter.Greulich
01-31-2005, 04:53 AM
As Steve said, if the physical files exist, then try compacting. They may then suddenly showup.

Mario Gonzalez
01-31-2005, 05:29 AM
Thanks it worked great you saved me and yes I wll back up more often. I learned my lesson.