PDA

View Full Version : Alpha is using ZD net to build Awareness

ABC123

Richard Rabins
03-01-2001, 04:26 PM
Alpha has started using ZD net to build awareness for Alpha Five.

If you find that Alpha Five serves you well in terms of building databases applications, we would very much appreciate it if you would go to

http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,001G1G,.html

and write a user review of Alpha Five.

We appreciate your support in our efforts to get more folks using and appreciating Alpha Five

Sincerely
Richard Rabins
Alpha Software

martinwcole
03-02-2001, 06:27 PM
Richard, I applaud your move. And just so you know, I searched the web for over a year, with "data base", etc, and found a lot of answers, but none that I trusted, except possibly for Access. Then I stumbled onto Alpha - can't remember where - and after reading everything, I felt convinced enough to risk 150.00. So I know that being found by people searching the web is very important, and thus getting your web page key words tweaked and listed could make a big difference.

Richard Rabins
03-02-2001, 07:25 PM
Martin

Thanks very much for your comments.

As you know, building a strong product is a major priority at Alpha Software, but building the user base is also important for a whole host of reasons.

We plan on focusing on both objectives in the coming years.

Sincerely
Richard Rabins
Alpha Software

Miku Sippy
03-03-2001, 11:27 PM
Hello Rabins,

I went to the link as suggested:

http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,001G1G,.html

And I noticed tha ZD did a review of Build 265.

About a month ago, I purchased Build 263.

How may one upgrade to that version?

Thank you,

Miku

Jim Rowlen
03-04-2001, 11:07 PM
I left a rather lengthy review of v5 but they saved it under another name (Dave Anderson). Guess they should be using A5 so their database is accurate (and have emailed their webmaster saying the same).

If there's anything else we can do to pass on the word about A5 don't hesitate to let us know. We won't use anything except A5 and will continue to support the user community through beta testing and other activities as time allows. My developers look upon A5 as a family affair and continuously frequent the board on their time off and on week ends.

Jim Rowlen
Director Systems Technology
SERVICE us Inc

George Noonan
03-30-2001, 07:09 PM
Richard,
I was an A4 user thinking about upgrading to A5. I had my IS Dept. order the software. When I saw your post about ZDnet, I downloaded the program and got started converting my A4 application.

I just got the CD and serial number (10 days later). Question: Is the ZDnet download the full version of the software? Should I re-install from the Alpha CD?

I keyed in the serial number into the download version and everything seems to work OK.

Thanks,
George

Richard Rabins
04-01-2001, 07:34 PM
The download version from ZD is the full version except that it is only a 30 day trial.

If you have ordered a serial number and keyed it in you should be all set.

Sincerely
Richard Rabins
Alpha Software
richard@alphasoftware.com

Jesse
04-27-2001, 06:53 PM
I went to ZD net (A site I don't frequent often) because I like and
use your database. In the process of registering I ordered a magazine.
I did not know this fact untill I got the invoice.
Just a fair warning.

Ohlen Cartmell
04-28-2001, 02:37 PM
What did you get. I recently got a copy of "Home Computing" (or something like that) with a thank you for the subscription. I don't remember ordering it, but then I'm terrible with paper. I wonder if this is where it came from.

forskare
04-28-2001, 07:45 PM
Yup,

One has to watch the traffic signals on their site. I almost got caught with their magazine radar but slowed down just in time.

kenn

csda1
04-29-2001, 04:40 AM
The trouble with many web sites is that they have an Opt-Out choice rather than an Opt-In. One web site that I was on automatically re-opts you in every time you change your saved settings for the site to send you junk e-mail. Then they place the check box at the very bottom of the screen, so far down, that you'd have to scroll way down after the submit button to see it.

The basic rule, on the web, is to always check the whole page before you subscribe (sorry, bad choice of words!) to anything.

Regards,

Ira J. Perlow
Computer Systems Design & Associates
csda@mediaone.net