PDA

View Full Version : Conference Software needed

ABC123

Gren Brown
02-21-2001, 01:22 AM
Has anyone written, or know of, a program that can be used to control conference schedules.

I guess some of you doctors may have come across this sort of thing.

It would need to be able to deal with permutations from approx 100 delegates and allocate one to one meetings in half hour slots according to who each deleagate wants to meet (limited to a choice of 7).

As my client is in a big hurry any help in sourcing something suitable so that I don't have to write it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gren.

smtobias
03-14-2001, 10:31 AM
I created something like this for a job fair my previous employer held each year. Our students would be assigned appointment times with representatives from school districts. We had a database for the students, one for the district reps and one for the appointments. These were connected in a set. The appointments were the main database of the set with the students and districts in one-to-one relationship. There were entry forms for the student appointments and for the representative appointments with half-hour increments. If the student wanted an appointment with a specific district, we would find a time when one of the reps and the student had free. The student's name would be brought into the rep's time slot by selecting their name from the list of students in the student database and the rep's name and district would be brought into the student's time slot by selecting their name from the rep database. From that, a form was printed out with all of the appointments for the individual students and district reps. There may be a more elegant solution, but this worked very well.

Sylvia

Gren Brown
03-14-2001, 11:00 PM
Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for the reply, it sounds as though it could have been a suitable solution, however, we have managed to find exactly what is required from a company in Australia. Ain't the internet great!.

Gren.