PDA

View Full Version : Please Read: Real names

ABC123

AaronBBrown
10-19-2005, 09:24 AM
There is now a Real Name field added to the user profile that will show up above their location in a user's post.

It is required at registration, but for those that are already registered, please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel (User CP on the top menu) and then click Edit Profile on the left. The "Real name" field is at the top under Required Information.

On the old Phorum-based board, this was a moot point, since your email address was tied directly to your real name and pseudonyms were not allowed. However, it is impossible to enforce this here, so I'd ask that everyone take a moment to fill this information out so we know who we are talking to.

Thanks!

Raymond Lyons
10-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks Aaron! I wonder if it might be a good idea to put a sticky about this on each forum for just a week or two?

Ray Lyons

AaronBBrown
10-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Anyone who used the same email address on this board as on the old board now has the Real Name field updated. I was able to pull in data from the old board (using Alpha Five, of course). This leaves only about 100 users without real names filled in.

AaronBBrown
10-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Bumping this so it shows up in New Posts again.

The following members do not have their real names listed. Please go to your user options and add it so we know who we are talking to:

aes
agc353
bmutlu
bodat
Brent
brittc
Caboose
cobsqldata
cplgroup
czar_g
dakotaskustoms
ddgcpa