PDA

View Full Version : Security Tcpip Address

ABC123

andymeer@yahoo.co.uk
11-11-2005, 07:30 AM
Hi All

When my System if finished It will be placed on our Intranet, I have just started setting the users and groups. It would be nice if i could see all the users that are logged on and from what Tcpip address they are using, does anybody know if this can be done and if so how!

Thanks All

Andy Meer

Edward Larrabee
11-11-2005, 08:31 AM
You can determine the user's IP address by writing a script that examines the Request (http://support.alphasoftware.com/alphafivehelp/Objects/Request_Variable.htm) variable.

robert swanson
11-11-2005, 08:45 AM
This works for me

dim tbl as p
if session.User_Name <> "Robert W Swanson" then
tbl = table.open("[PathAlias.ADB_Path]\visitors")
tbl.enter_begin(.t.)
tbl.User_name=session.User_Name
tbl.Isp=Request.REMOTE_ADDR
tbl.Browser=Request.UserAgent
tbl.Lasthere=session.last_here
tbl.enter_end(.t.)
tbl.close()
end if

The two session variables are extracted from a cookie if defined or else from a constant for username and NOW() for last_here

Now a question about cookies. Are they returned with every user request such that you could actual pass data between pages. I notice that some cookies on my machine appear to be arrays ( cookie(2) ). How do you differentiate between them?

Lenny Forziati
11-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Bob, since this is an entirely different topic, please create a new thread (in the web app server board) for it. I will gladly answer the question there.

Now a question about cookies. Are they returned with every user request such that you could actual pass data between pages. I notice that some cookies on my machine appear to be arrays ( cookie(2) ). How do you differentiate between them?

andymeer@yahoo.co.uk
11-11-2005, 01:25 PM
hi all

Thanks for your help

Andy