PDA

View Full Version : UK Users

ABC123

DamienHarrison
12-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Hi i am relativley new to using Alpha 5 (v6 at mo)
I was wondering what other UK users are using Alpha for (i am currently developing a Car Rental system for a prestige car company)

It would be nice to hear from fellow Brits.

Cheers

Damien

Ted Giles
12-07-2005, 03:15 PM
I just picked your thread up. Seems like there is just you and me in the Uk using Alpha. That's not true, I know.

My company is Example Consulting, and I will write any sort of application, but recently a lot of complex stuff for the NHS.

I'm on V6, and hoping for my free upgrade to V7 and the runtime kit.

Been using Alpha since the old DOS days, and still support an app. written in version A4v6

I have all of the releases since A4v3. Seems a bit anal retentitive, but I can offer cheap and cheerful to hi spec easily.

One thing I've learned - use the base engine till you get used to it. It will save you a lot of time maintaining/changing applications.

Regards, Ted Giles

Lenny Forziati
12-07-2005, 03:43 PM
There are plenty of UK users, and there are plenty of UK posts here. Go back up to the main UK board screen and look at the bootom where you can sleect for which time periosd you'd like to see posts. There don't appear to be any only because they are less recent.

I just picked your thread up. Seems like there is just you and me in the Uk using Alpha. That's not true, I know.

My company is Example Consulting, and I will write any sort of application, but recently a lot of complex stuff for the NHS.

I'm on V6, and hoping for my free upgrade to V7 and the runtime kit.

Been using Alpha since the old DOS days, and still support an app. written in version A4v6

I have all of the releases since A4v3. Seems a bit anal retentitive, but I can offer cheap and cheerful to hi spec easily.

One thing I've learned - use the base engine till you get used to it. It will save you a lot of time maintaining/changing applications.

Regards, Ted Giles

Lance Gurd
12-09-2005, 08:50 AM
I am in Southampton, doing everything in Alpha 5 V6 (dont need to upgrade).

Construction company; alpha used for estimating, job control, accounts, etc