PDA

View Full Version : What are the possibilities?

ABC123

Dick Anderson
06-19-2006, 09:01 PM
I need to make a production bake list for a bakery.

I am inclined to design a form which will list all the bakery products. On the form the user generates a new order with bake date and customer. The bakery products list is linked to the items database by product_id and customer_id so that previously ordered products in the product list can be identified by bold print or color etc.. Now the user can use the list as a pick list, point and enter quantity. After the user saves this order the items database would have to be appended with those items where a quantity is greater than none or zero and if the actual product database is used the quantity would have to be reset to zero or none. Of course many orders for a particular date can and would be generated.

Now a report for production bake list can be generated for the date needed from the items database which includes the order_num, product_id and product_qty.

Will it work? Any ideas? Remember, the orders are generally but not always repeating daily except for quantities.

Dick

MoGrace
06-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi Dick,
Are you only going to track an item like CAKE or all the ingredients that go into making a cake?

Dick Anderson
06-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Hi Dick,
Are you only going to track an item like CAKE or all the ingredients that go into making a cake?

Each product_id has a recipe listing all the ingredients and the production capabilities (mixer capacity and oven capacity/time). From the items database the bake report will provide batch totals depending on the production requirements. Could be baking,for many customers, 1lb loaves, 1-1/2lb loaves and different size and shape rolls from the same batch or batches of dough.

The bake report tells the baker (1) what size batch. (2) the measured ingredients (3) cuts of dough for whom and for what; bake time.

The total use of ingredients would be recorded to a table.

This report seems straight foreword (but not easy) after the orders are entered in the items database.

I just couldn't think of an easier way for the user to enter orders that are repeating then to display a complete product list with previously ordered products highlighted where only quantities need be entered. That was the purpose of my query.

MoGrace
06-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Dick,
Have you tried making a mock up of your report layout on a spreadsheet? That would help to visualize the data you are trying to access. Right now I am not too clear on what you want this report to do; so how to get the data to it can be defined. I do this when I am not yet clear on where to begin. Then you could post your spreadsheet here for others to look at.