PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous Programmers

ABC123

gstvslzr
09-22-2006, 01:12 PM
My friend and me are developing a software for Churches, He is working in the Finance Module and I'm working in Membership Module. We want to know who can we combine both modules in one application (Forms, reports, etc). We are using the same DBF's structures.

Thanks
Gus

Stan Mathews
09-22-2006, 02:19 PM
My friend and me are developing a software for Churches, He is working in the Finance Module and I'm working in Membership Module. We want to know who can we combine both modules in one application (Forms, reports, etc). We are using the same DBF's structures.

Thanks
Gus

All of the things you create in Alpha that are visible in the control panel can be copied to another database by selecting each individually, right click, and choose "copy to". This activity requires that the machines holding the two databases either be networked or that one database is copied to the other machine (separate directory), modified, then copied back to the original machine.

csda1
09-23-2006, 11:43 PM
If you are in the same database, you can each edit forms and the like and scripts, but need to be careful about working on the same ones at the same time.

I'm not positive if all control panel objects are locked properly when someone is in design mode, although I suspect they are. If that's the case, you'd probably get a message about availability of the object. (Otherwise it may be the last save of trhe object will take precedence.)

I can't believe I've never tested this in Alpha 5 to this day.:confused: