PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Approach worksheet problem

ABC123

ndbus
10-27-2006, 07:44 PM
While working with my Lotus Approach database, I inadvertently changed the format of the worksheet view. It formerly showed all fields line by line - it now shows each field in large squares. I need to get it back to the line format. I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!

aferraro
10-30-2006, 10:50 AM
You have three possible solutions:

If you closed the database without saving it or you did not save while working with it by closing it and re-starting should revert to the previous format - without loss of data.
While on the worksheet you can adjust the width of each column by placing the cursor in the line between the column headings, you will see a small vertical line preceded and followed by left and right arrows, the same applies to the vertical size if you place your cursor at the extreme left, as you move it up and down you will see a small horizontal bar with two arrows (one up one down) by clicking and dragging, when it appears, this allows you to change the high of the row
If you have DESIGN capabilities the vertical size of all the rows can be changed in one shot. Select EDIT from the menu then SELECT ALL you will see the whole worksheet turn dark at this time place your cursor again at the left side of the screen and proceed as explained in the prior step. The same applies to the columns if all are selected, this is not advised since it will make all the columns the same width.

All the width and height adjustments can be made the same way as you would do them in EXCEL or Lotus-123.

Hope this helps

ndbus
10-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Alfredo - thank you very much for posting a reply. Unfortunately I did save the change, not knowing what I was doing. Can you tell me how to get it back to the former appearance again? I tried clicking on "undo" but nothing happened at all. Many thanks for any help you can offer!
Best Wishes,
Yvonne

aferraro
10-30-2006, 03:06 PM
If you have gotten out of the session, then the UNDO will not work...

Unfortunately now the only way to fix the problem is to format the rows and columns in the manner that I explained to you on my previous post...

If you need to get this done and need someone to walk you through it, here is my office Phone # 561-353-1130.

I have worked with Approach for many years and know my way around it quite well... I have been in Data Processing since 1967 and still going strong...

aferraro
10-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Sorry, if you call ask for AL....

ndbus
10-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Thank you very much, Alfredo - it is so kind of you to offer to walk me through it! I don't have time today but I will be calling you in the near future!
Best Wishes,
Yvonne

ndbus
04-10-2008, 01:04 PM
This is Yvonne again -- I hope Alfredo is still on the board, or someone else can help me. I have a problem with my Lotus database.. somehow I got the worksheet out of the regular format of showing all the fields and now it is eliminating the first field. In the Form it shows all fields. thanks in advance for any help!

Doug Page
04-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Yvonne,

When you last posted a year ago, a member told you that this forum is for AlphaSoftwares Alpha 4 and Alpha 5 programs. The vast majority of us know nothing about Approach. I would suggest, like was done a year ago, that you use Goggle where you are sure to find some forums that might be able to help you more than here.

As a start:

http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=180

This is from a Goggle search: lotus approach forum

Many others are there so try the search yourself to find the others.